HI - I'm Got Plug? I'm a Mini E. That's an electric car being field tested by Mini. I have a few hundred siblings in the United States. We mostly reside on the left and right coasts where brave volunteers are pioneering with us. The volunteers are, for the most part, humans. You know; feet instead of tires, eyes instead of headlamps, pretty weird but they seem likable enough.

So, I am going to try to keep you interested with a diary of my activities here in the USA. I come from Germany which, of course, means I am very smart, good looking, fast, and thrifty.

Me on the MINI E E*Tour

Me on the MINI E E*Tour
All tucked in for the night

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

GOT PLUG? Chapter 6 MINI E E*Tour Post 9


2009.10.22 - Newburgh KOA - Thanks for the juice, and they even tossed in a bath.


When we cruised out of Woodstock, we headed for a campground. Don had bought a Eureka Sunrise 8 Tent for the trip because staying in B & B’s just didn’t seem in line with the Pioneer spirit. Well, he got his share of pioneering done that night!. When we got to the campground it was pouring and I sat there plugged into 110 with my headlights on watching Don trying to set up his new tent. I got to admit I was proud of him, it had a nice tight floor and a warm, dry sleeping bag. I never could understand why people sometimes love being wet and sometimes do about anything to avoid it; I mean why on earth would a person pretending to be a “pioneer” carry a portable garage to sleep in?


Anyway, I slept like a brand new car enjoying sips of 110v and a free wash.


THANKS TO NEWBURGH KOA AND MOTHER NATURE



No comments:

Post a Comment