HI - I'm Got Plug? I'm a Mini E. That's an electric car being field tested by Mini. I have a few hundred siblings in the United States. We mostly reside on the left and right coasts where brave volunteers are pioneering with us. The volunteers are, for the most part, humans. You know; feet instead of tires, eyes instead of headlamps, pretty weird but they seem likable enough.

So, I am going to try to keep you interested with a diary of my activities here in the USA. I come from Germany which, of course, means I am very smart, good looking, fast, and thrifty.

Me on the MINI E E*Tour

Me on the MINI E E*Tour
All tucked in for the night

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

GOT PLUG? Chapter 6 MINI E E*Tour, Post 4


2009.10.20 - Tuesday, departure day - Thanks to Islip Animal Hospital


The weather had been cooling and Don had been told that I wouldn’t feel my oats as much as it gets colder and that the temperature could effect my range. Don decided we would leave the Tuesday night instead of Wednesday morning. At 1900 hrs. on Tues we drove from home on Shelter Island to Islip Aniimal Hospital in Islip, NY. The temperature was still in the mid-50’s, I had 100% charge, and just 55 miles to go. We arrived at the hospital at 2015 hours with a 20% charge and got plugged in to a 50 amp charger, my favorite cause a like a nice strong belt of juice after a run. Lucky for Don a new Greek Restaurant had opened right across the street from Jo’s hospital so Don had diner and hung out with me until I was full and all set to move on.


Dr. Jon Fisher owns Islip Animal Hospital. He is a car guy who had, in his stable, and Olds 442 convertible and a De Lorean. Until I showed up, Dr. Jon was nor particularly Green or EV minded. I fixed that. I let him drive me, and that was all it took for him to install a charger at his hospital.


THANK YOU DR. JON FISHER and ISLIP ANIMAL HOSPITAL!


No comments:

Post a Comment