HI - I'm Got Plug? I'm a Mini E. That's an electric car being field tested by Mini. I have a few hundred siblings in the United States. We mostly reside on the left and right coasts where brave volunteers are pioneering with us. The volunteers are, for the most part, humans. You know; feet instead of tires, eyes instead of headlamps, pretty weird but they seem likable enough.

So, I am going to try to keep you interested with a diary of my activities here in the USA. I come from Germany which, of course, means I am very smart, good looking, fast, and thrifty.

Me on the MINI E E*Tour

Me on the MINI E E*Tour
All tucked in for the night

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

GOT PLUG? Chapter 6 MINI E E*Tour, Post 6

2009.10.22 - Morning Run Along The Hudson

If you like scary movies with happy endings, do I have a drive for you! Leave Queens NY in peak rush hour, take the Cross Island Parkway North to the Whitestone Bridge (just to get warmed up), and then hop on the Cross Bronx Expressway. Shoulders are for sissies and not available here. You are surrounded by Semis and Box Trucks. The road is more potholes than pavement. Tall, unfriendly buildings lean over you threatening to collapse and crush you. You know if you exit by mistake or in an emergency, you are pretty much dead meat. Every car on the road pushes you to get closer to the truck in front of you, blocking any chance of ever seeing a sign for your exit.


Then here is the George Washington Bridge with a great view of the Hudson River. Sometimes I wish my side marker lights were bigger so I could really take in the view. Suddenly the sun comes out, autumn leaves are in their glory, and I am running up a beautiful clear parkway alongside the river surrounded by trees, water, sun, and an occasional friendly Ferrari or Aston Martin that zooms by with their person giving me a thumbs up! On look, there’s a gas Mini full of smiling faces right behind me.


What a great way to start the day.


THANKS TO THE PALISADES PARKWAY.



No comments:

Post a Comment