HI - I'm Got Plug? I'm a Mini E. That's an electric car being field tested by Mini. I have a few hundred siblings in the United States. We mostly reside on the left and right coasts where brave volunteers are pioneering with us. The volunteers are, for the most part, humans. You know; feet instead of tires, eyes instead of headlamps, pretty weird but they seem likable enough.

So, I am going to try to keep you interested with a diary of my activities here in the USA. I come from Germany which, of course, means I am very smart, good looking, fast, and thrifty.

Me on the MINI E E*Tour

Me on the MINI E E*Tour
All tucked in for the night

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

GOT PLUG? Chapter 5

Need a new UH-OH? Try this...Don did. While I was rolling back on a mild incline he put the shifter into P instead of going to all the work of moving his foot to my brake peddle. BAD IDEA!!! Wow, that hurt!. I screamed, it sounded like a guard running a steel black jack across jail cell bars. His foot jumped to the brake pedal and I could tell Don was really ashamed. I know he’s just a human and his central computer hasn’t been significantly updated since the Neanderthal days, so I forgave me immediately and off we went in motoring bliss.


Don then began showing me off to other people. He invited them to take me for a spin, which I quite enjoyed. It’s really neat that I have a secret video eye in the center of my steering column so I can check out the driver’s expressions. I made a lot of people really happy. I love seeing those smiling faces.


I’m going to tell you about some of my new guest people.


John Fisher was the first guest. He Jo’s employer and a tall man who likes cars. In fact, he has a Oldsmobile 442, and a De Lorean. But he never had a electric ride before. He had a real good time with me and guess what! Since I get tired sometimes and probably won’t have as much energy in the winter and in the summer, John is going to help me and Jo by putting in a 220v cocktail machine just for me at his hospital. That way Jo can count on me every day. I’m pretty excited about this. I mean, a one mile commute daily for a little rocket like me... I don’t think so!


My next guests were a couple of young folks from New York City. This couple have a BRG Mini Cooper that was pretty cute. They were admiring me, but who doesn’t? Don saw them and tossed them the remote. Wow, were they ever thrilled. I’m going to let them do the talking:


This is from the male person, named Jay: “The pick-up on this car is absolutely tremendous, out of control. I did not expect any sort of boost like this in an fully-electric car. The re-generative braking is also an incredible feature, and I was able to adjust to the pedal sensitivity quickly.” His female mate, Flora, said: “I also liked how the wheel was very tight, like how our mini's wheel feels when in sport mode. It's just so exciting to see this car on the road, and I have faith that there will come a point when all petroleum powered cars will be phased out. Pumping gas will be a story you tell your kids...Thanks again, the experience really opened our eyes.”


I’ll leave you for this thought from Flora: “Pumping gas will be a story you tell your kids...”. That’s about the sweetest thing I’ve ever heard.


Buckle Up and Motor On!


GP-


No comments:

Post a Comment