HI - I'm Got Plug? I'm a Mini E. That's an electric car being field tested by Mini. I have a few hundred siblings in the United States. We mostly reside on the left and right coasts where brave volunteers are pioneering with us. The volunteers are, for the most part, humans. You know; feet instead of tires, eyes instead of headlamps, pretty weird but they seem likable enough.

So, I am going to try to keep you interested with a diary of my activities here in the USA. I come from Germany which, of course, means I am very smart, good looking, fast, and thrifty.

Me on the MINI E E*Tour

Me on the MINI E E*Tour
All tucked in for the night

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Got Plug? Chapter 3

Hi Readers -

My male person, Don, began really showing me off this week.  Down at the ferry company, where he's a captain, there are people called engineers.  Now, these guys don't drive trains like Casey Jones.  They sometimes call themselves gearheads; one of them even has an email address that is: "ferrywrench@..." Anyway, they all tend to dig engines, big engines like the Twin Detroit Series 60 Diesels that power our boats.

Don took me down to the docks to show me off.  As you may know, I'm a little small, so at first I didn't cause much of a stir.  There were plenty of  "I like the smell of diesel..." and "There's nothing like the sound of horsepower..." comments. Then it was mentioned that The Electric Boat Corporation is the premiere designer and builder of nuclear submarines for the United States Navy;  and is located just across the Sound on the Connecticut River.  So, maybe electric and quiet is cool after all.

With that in mind, Don easily convinced two of them, Brian and Gene, to take runs with me.

Brian had a blast with me and thought I was a rocket.  Gene, who is retired from the ferry and now spends his time moving big things (like trees, boulders, and houses) said I was awesome. The next night he even brought a friend down to the docks to take a ride with me.

It all goes to show that it's easy to make friends is you're smart, good looking, thrifty, fast, regal, elegant, and polite.  Of course, it also helps to be humble.

Since I was so good to my guest drivers, my people promised me a surprise.  I hope I get it soon so I can tell you about it next week!

Happy Motoring,
GP-




No comments:

Post a Comment