HI - I'm Got Plug? I'm a Mini E. That's an electric car being field tested by Mini. I have a few hundred siblings in the United States. We mostly reside on the left and right coasts where brave volunteers are pioneering with us. The volunteers are, for the most part, humans. You know; feet instead of tires, eyes instead of headlamps, pretty weird but they seem likable enough.

So, I am going to try to keep you interested with a diary of my activities here in the USA. I come from Germany which, of course, means I am very smart, good looking, fast, and thrifty.

Me on the MINI E E*Tour

Me on the MINI E E*Tour
All tucked in for the night

Friday, July 3, 2009

Got Plug? Chapter 2

Boredom; I’m talking apathy, frustration, dullness, and monotony.  My people had to leave me for a week!  I guess they didn’t want to, but still, I’m just a kid and need to play.  But don’t worry, this has a happy ending, I promise.

So here’s what happened.  Don, the male person, had to got help some really cool Bands do concerts at Jones Beach.  Man, did I want to go.  There was Kenny Chesney, ZZ Top, Aerosmith, The Fray, No Doubt, Bad Company, and the Doobie Brothers.  And that’s not to mention parking lots full of sexy European sports cars that would certainly thought I was the cutest thing in the world (because I am).   But, my people said it was just too far for me to go, that I wasn’t strong enough to get there and back.

So, to give me something to do, they devised a “Charge Sustainability Test” for me to take while they were gone.  They checked my charge level and range before they left.  I had a 92% charge and a range of 89 miles.  At first I thought the heck with them.  If they’re gonna leave me I teach them a lesson and let them look at 0% and a 0 mile range when they come home.  Then I realized that I was here to help the people, and it was up to me to do them proud.  So, I did some exercises before nodding off and when they came home they woke me to find a 94% charge with a range of 91 miles.  

They were so proud they even posted the results on Facebook and gave me an A+ grade!  How cool is that?

Thanks for stopping by, see you next week!

GP- 

No comments:

Post a Comment